Part 1 in the #BattleLine series.
When the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. 1 Samuel 17:48
My teenage daughter, Hannah, jokingly mocks me from time to time by saying in her best Mike Young voice, “Well, the real issue is that men have not been discipled well. This is a men’s ministry issue.” We laugh together about my predictability. (She also ribs me about the fact that I wear hiking boots and jeans almost every day as well… but I digress.)
I just can’t help it. I believe the issues we face today in our families, churches, and communities would change if more men walked faithfully with Jesus.
What if a man took seriously the mandate to…
- Deny himself and take up his cross daily
- Forgive others as Christ has forgiven us
- Love his wife as he loves his own body
- Bring his children up in the fear and admonition of the lord
- Love the lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength and love others as himself
- Seek first the kingdom of God
Just imagine! Don’t you see it? Or… don’t you want to see it?
When a man submits himself to Christ, everything changes.
But we all know it’s rare for freshly saved men (or anybody) to mature in Christ without guidance and encouragement. Men need to be sharpened by other men. Not only do they need it, but many men want this. They want to know how to live, love and lead in a healthy way.
That’s where you and I get to step into the equation and make a difference. No, we can’t disciple every man. But God has a plan to accomplish this task… the local church. And together we can engage, equip and encourage local church leaders to invest strategically in men; exalting Christ as the model for manhood. One church at a time…One. Man. At. A. Time.
ARE YOU READY TO RUN TO THE BATTLE LINE WITH US?
Mike Young, Executive Director
God is at work among us. Stay tuned for more stories, and learn how you can run to the battle line with us. Your partnership makes these victories possible.
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023
- What Does it Mean to Have a God-Sized Goal? - November 22, 2023