This week on The Noble Man Podcast, Mike discusses how The Noble Man reads and studies the Bible. Listen as he walks through a timely example of how to apply the scriptures to every issue we face today, including racial injustice.
- The Bible is sufficient to speak to every situation. (Hebrews 4:12-13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We need to view culture through the lens of the Word rather than view the Word through the lens of culture. (Matthew 13:14-16, I Chronicles 12:32)
- Imago Dei – All humans are made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- ALL humans are broken and born with a depraved heart. Sin is crouching at the door. (Genesis 4)
Key Scriptures on Reconciliation:
Acts 8 – Philip ministers to the Ethiopian eunuch.
John 4:4 – Jesus went out of his way to minister to the Samaritan woman.
Galatians 2:11-21 – Paul confronts Peter’s hypocritical behavior with the Gentiles.
Luke 10:25-37 – Jesus tells the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Micah 6:8 – Do justice, love kindness, walk humbly.
Rev. 7:10 – Every nation and all tribes, peoples, and tongues will be standing before the throne.
- Will you refuse to reject folks who don’t look just like you? (Numbers 12)
- Are you willing to engage spiritual conversations with image-bearers who don’t look like you? (Acts 8)
- Are you willing to go out of your way to serve and share the Living Water with those who don’t look like you? (John 4:4)
- Are you willing to see others as God sees them with no one superior or inferior?
- Live and act with integrity or be called out.
- Invest time resources or energy to help those in need.
- Are you willing to die to self to be a kingdom-minded carrier of the gospel to all?
“When God calls a man, he bids him come and die.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“The ground is level at the foot of the cross.”
“Everyone wants to live the resurrection, but no one wants to go to the cross.”
“Live and love and lead like Jesus.”
“Let’s just do the Bible.”