“Teach me how to be a man of God.”
Tom Gensler and Tom Cheshire of Relevant Practical Ministry for Men join us on the podcast this week to discuss how The Noble Man Seeks the Wisdom of Other Men. Gensler and Cheshire take the pressure off as they discuss how to “lower the bar” in discipleship. You’ll discover resources and practical tips to live out Paul’s example in 1 Corinthians 11:1, “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.”
- Relevant Practical Ministry for Men
- Real Life Discipleship by Tom Gensler and Tom Cheshire
Receive a free download of the Year-Long Discipleship Guide when you order from the RPMFM store.
- Men’s Fraternity Series by Robert Lewis
“Robert Lewis taught me manhood from a DVD.”
Live a life of thriving in Christ.
Information by itself is not transformational. Knowledge in the context of relationship points back to the source of truth, Jesus Christ.
Someone has to love us through the information and teach us how to apply that to our lives.
Sanctification is a lifelong process.
Be in the Word consistently, more often than you’re not.
Be HOT and FAT
Honest, Open, Transparent
Faithful, Available, Teachable
No guy has all the information figured out. We need folks who will walk with us through each of those seasons and remind us that God has answers for each challenge in each environment.
Super-effective evangelism is relational.
- 2 Timothy 2:2 – Paul puts a qualifier on the men Timothy is to invest in: faithful men who will be willing to teach others also.
- Proverbs 4 – Get wisdom.
If this episode is helpful to you, give us an honest 5 star review, like, subscribe.
Ever wonder what your wife is thinking? Tune in next week for a unique experience talking to wives about the benefits of small groups for their men.
- Manhood, Domination, and Battle – Does Masculinity Matter in 2023? - March 23, 2023
- Excitement is Building! - March 17, 2023
- Gaming: The Good, the Bad, and the Redeemed - March 10, 2023