We continue our leadership series on the Podcast with John Majors as we discuss how The Noble Man Leads His Family. John is an author at Seeds Family Worship, a ministry dedicated to helping families and churches memorize God’s Word through songs, videos, and other resources for family devotions and worship.
When it comes to leadership, John first reminds us of Mark 10:45, that Jesus came to serve and give life.
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
It can feel like we are behind when it comes to leading our families, but don’t lose hope…
“The best time to have planted a tree was 20 years ago… the next best time is now.”
Some of John’s Top Tips:
- Pursue the Lord on your own. It’s the number one thing you can do. A great leader is first a great follower. I submit to someone higher than me; Christ is at the center.
- Love your wife well, know, serve, and love her. By observing this in your marriage, your children will learn Jesus’ love for the church.
- Get to know each child and love them.
Notice Deuteronomy 6 doesn’t start with teaching our children, it starts with allegiance to God.
Seeds Family Worship – Full of free resources for the family including scripture memory songs. “Songs make it effortless for kids to memorize scripture.”
Twenty Verses in 2020 – Free devotions, songs, and videos that will help you lead your family in memorizing scripture together in an engaging way.
Passport 2 Purity – Create a memorable relationship-building weekend with your preteen.
Passport to Identity – Create a memorable relationship-building weekend with your teen.
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023
- What Does it Mean to Have a God-Sized Goal? - November 22, 2023