Nick, Jonathan, Kylan and Jeff make up a small group of guys who meet weekly. This week they join Mike in the Noble Warriors office for a great conversation about noble manhood.
The noble man makes noble plans and by noble plans he stands. Isaiah 32:8
Noble Manhood – honesty, intentionality, Men’s Fraternity definition of Manhood: Reject Passivity, Accept Responsibility, Lead Courageously, Invest Eternally
- Disunity in many areas of life, even/especially the church.
- Focus on things vs. spiritual issues. Loss of focus on the Lord. Distractions.
- 2020 has been a blessing for some…
How has God used the challenges of 2020 for good?
- Ongoing connection with this small group. Looking out for each other, praying for each other
- Business opportunity development
- Time with family prompted me to lead my family better
- Genuine connection with other guys.
- Sin has been exposed. Marital and identity issues came to light. This is a good thing. We were able to help people in pain. The Lord used isolation to expose… this is God’s grace.
- COVID has been especially challenging. Many job descriptions changed radically. Opened the door for much creativity. In some cases, we were able to focus on ministry vs. events.
How will you finish 2020 strong?
- Focus on a future family… Care for my employees and bring Jesus to the workplace.
- I can’t leave it to the church to Jesus-up my family. I have to step up as a spiritual leader in my home. Bring Christ as the center of our home… Bring the Jesus Juice! Intentionality.
- This is important in homes with both younger and older kids.
- Finish what you started investing in others this year! Don’t lose momentum.
- Don’t leave anything lagging from 2020. Finish the job so you can start strong in 2021.
- Personal connections and invitations are critical… be brave and bold, even reach out to your pastor!
What will you do to launch 2021 well with 2020 wisdom and perspective? What’s your plan?
- Make plans but be willing to have my steps directed by the Lord. Proverbs 16:9
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable. I learn in tough situations.
- Pour scripture into the hearts of my kids… and myself. Jesus is the only constant. Hebrews 13:8. Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 4: Make sure Jesus is known… not my opinion. Maintain the unity of the Spirit.
- Listen to the Lord about my future. Be intentional in hearing from the Lord.
Genesis 50:20 – As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive as they are today.
Proverbs 16:9 – The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Ephesians 4:2-3 – with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Authentic Manhood 33 The Series
If this episode is helpful to you, give us an honest 5 star review on iTunes. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Podcast, and share this post with your family and friends!
- Build Up Your Grads - May 12, 2023
- Easter Around the World - May 3, 2023
- God is Good! All the Time! - May 2, 2023