If you started out the year with some plans, any plans, no doubt 2020 has altered those in some way. Mike talks with a few of his Wise Guys about how they’ve handled some of the challenges of this year’s twists and turns, as well as some of the unexpected blessings. Then the men face forward to the coming new year to wrestle with some key questions.
With the uncertainty that 2021 holds, where do your security, peace, and comfort come from?
How do we effectively make plans to lead our families when they might be thwarted once again?
Find out some practical ways we can finish 2020 strong and launch 2021 with intent, direction, and confidence. Let’s be an example that our families can follow because we are following Christ.
- Isaiah 32:8 “But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.”
- Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
- Colossians 3 “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.”
Many things changed in 2020, and some of them are here to stay. But some things also remain the same, one of which is that men need connection. We need to make sure we don’t isolate.
Here’s a challenge for 2021: Make sure every guy in your church is connected with other guys in 2021. When, where, and how we do that might be different, but we can make it work.
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023
- What Does it Mean to Have a God-Sized Goal? - November 22, 2023