We break the mold this week in The Noble Man Podcast as we discuss our theme Why Men with a panel of ladies, all wives and mothers of sons in different phases of life.
Guys – don’t tune this one out! This episode will help equip you as husbands to “live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.” 1 Peter 3:7
Why women? They love their husbands, and they are raising young men, and we want to do a better job speaking of interest and value to women when it comes to the men in their lives.
This well-rounded discussion will give you perspective on what your wives might be thinking when you want to take the reins of leadership but may not be confident where to begin. Invite your wives to listen in as we discuss with Elaine, Sarah, and Hollie why they value the church strategically and intentionally investing in men.
- Women in the church have more opportunities for extra classes and instruction, easier to get discipleship.
- We don’t hand boys off to men as rite of passage anymore.
- Who’s not there in church? Women often say, “I wish my husband would come” or “I’m tired and I wish my husband would lead our family.”
- Men often say, “I know I should lead, but I don’t know how.”
- “If we focus on men, we are repairing the dam of brokenness.”
- It’s an “upstream” ministry, the damage in society begins to be fixed when we minister to men.
- What does it look like to be a man that leads well? Women prosper.
- Celebrate when your husband is going in the direction of the Lord.
- Here’s a tip, men. According to our ladies, women find it appealing when you lead. “It’s a nice day for everybody.”
- The narrative of the garden is authority, rebellion, submission. As women we have the privilege of reflecting the gospel.
We must build up to mature manhood the body of Christ so we are not blown up by the winds of culture.
“Until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.” Ephesians 4:13-14
Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson
Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis
How Women Help Men Find God by Robert Murrow
Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Son by Vicki Courtney