Who have been the formative men in your life, and how can we impact the Kingdom through mentoring?
“I think there are a lot of men thirsting to share what they’ve learned in life, but I don’t think they know how to make that connection … How do we create that link between those seasoned men and the younger men?”
Ben Young is passionate about bridging that gap. Ben is the youngest son of Mike and Stacy, and as a college junior, he is one of the privileged young men who can look back and see mentor after mentor who impacted his life.
In this episode of The Noble Man Podcast, Ben gives his perspective on some of those mentors and the life lessons they taught him, including:
- How a godly man interacts with people at work.
- What godly marriages and godly grandparenting look like.
- Lessons about work, anger management, and problem-solving skills.
- Seeing God change a man and what that means to the legacy you leave for your family and kids.
- A practical approach to faith.
He also shares his biggest tip on getting started with mentoring if you are unsure and why it is worth it even though he knows, “It’s not an easy thing to do, but I think it’s a good thing.”
Ben echoes his dad’s number one phrase, “It all comes back to men’s discipleship.”
Closer Than a Brother [Podcast Ep. 61 with Brothers Tim & Zach Young] – The Noble Man Podcast