Football season is almost upon us, and we are kicking off with Liberty Flames Director of Spiritual Development, Dr. Ed Gomes.
Ed has been discipling young men for decades and sheds light on effectively earning the right to spiritually father young men.
Mike and Ed dive into:
- What it looks like to build relationships with younger generations and earn the right to speak into their lives.
- What to do if you feel like you can’t relate.
- How to cast a vision for what their future could look like when they are dealing with father wounds.
- Why he prays for 55 young men per year to be in relationship with and how he is intentional about discipling them.
- How discipleship starts with making sure I am up to date with God.
- How to establish a pattern of faithfulness by focusing on one day at a time.
- How increasing faithfulness is like increasing the weight you can press.
- Why you shouldn’t let the enemy talk you out of trying to disciple young men.
Ed discusses how it all starts with looking to Jesus as the model.
“Jesus was always at the right place doing the right thing with the right people.”
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7