We need playbooks and tips on how to engage God’s Word well with our kids. This week Dr. Danny Huerta offers plenty of resources so parents can be proactive in discipling their children to develop a biblical worldview they will hold onto.
Dr. Huerta is the Vice President of Parenting and Youth at Focus on the Family and the author of 7 Traits of Effective Parenting. In episodes 94 and 95, he pours out wisdom for dads as he and Mike discuss:
- How dads can help kids develop robust faith they can defend as they grow.
- How 60 seconds with your child can be life-changing.
- Two questions you can ask yourself to be a “lifegiving dad.”
- How we can discern whether a child is ready for a complicated conversation.
- How we can dig deeper when our kids are acting out.
- Why it just doesn’t play out when we shape our spiritual lives on behaviors.
- How mothering differs from fathering and what dads are specifically designed to do differently.
- Preparation vs. Protection.
- And much more!
Being a dad is an invitation we get to answer. Will you accept that invitation or not?
“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” John 7:38
7 Traits of Effective Parenting by Dr. Danny Huerta
Talking with Your Kids About God by Natasha Crain
Focus on the Family Parenting Resources
Parenting a Strong-Willed Child – A FREE, 6-part video series
- Manhood, Domination, and Battle – Does Masculinity Matter in 2023? - March 23, 2023
- Excitement is Building! - March 17, 2023
- Gaming: The Good, the Bad, and the Redeemed - March 10, 2023