Minute with Mike | May 2022
Jesus said, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
In the past 45 days, I’ve led two retreats (67 men from Stony Point Presbyterian at the Airfield 4-H Center and 43 men from several different churches at Camp Piankatank) and spoken at a couple of men’s events.
Men are asking great questions about…
- How can I become a better father?
- How do I get my marriage back on track?
- How do I grow as a believer?
- How do I lead my family?
- How do I rebuild my marriage after being unfaithful to my wife?
- How can I be a successful stepfather?
- How do I relate to my daughter?
- How do I honor my father who hasn’t lived an honorable life?
These questions are challenging without a pandemic, but COVID brought distance, distractions, and discouragement to exacerbate the issues. Many men are experiencing frustrations, weariness, and hardships that weren’t on the horizon when all this started. We can’t go backward, and we still aren’t sure what ‘normal’ may look like. So, we must press on.
The best way to press on is to lean into Jesus. Could I encourage you to pray specifically, by name, for some men around you? Pray for your father, your son, your brother, and other family members. Pray for your pastor and other leaders. Pray for co-workers and friends.
- Multiplying Seeds with Seminary Students - December 6, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023