Battle Briefing | September 2022
What if I told you one of the simplest ways to disciple your family involves your favorite meal?
We’ve been talking about September as National Family Meals Month around here for several years because I know turning mealtime into family discipleship time impacted our family.
We are officially empty-nesters this year, with our youngest daughter Hannah going off to school, so those memories are meaningful. And as spread out as we all are now, we still gather as often as possible with as many of us as possible, even if it’s virtual.
Secular research also confirms that eating meals together as a family has a significant impact on the health and wellness of our kids, physically, emotionally, and socially.
But how is that even feasible with today’s challenging family schedules?
Follow the blog this month as we explore tips on making the most of any meal you can grab with your family and turning it into a fruitful time for discipling your children or grandchildren.
“Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways! You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.” Psalm 128
- Praise the Lord for the relationships that were launched through our mentoring project.
- Pray for our team as we develop Titus 2 Catalyst as a shareable mentoring resource for churches.
- Ask God to help you make family mealtime a priority. Encourage another family by asking them to join you.
This article first appeared in the Noble Warriors® Monthly Partner Letter, Battle Briefing. Click here to learn how you can partner with us.
- Manhood, Domination, and Battle – Does Masculinity Matter in 2023? - March 23, 2023
- Excitement is Building! - March 17, 2023
- Gaming: The Good, the Bad, and the Redeemed - March 10, 2023