Originally Posted by Mike Young May 2006
Recently, I have been working with several other men to develop a strategic plan for our second year of ministry. A handful of men who have been impacted by the ministry are coming alongside to encourage me, share ideas and lend their gifting to the ministry’s future. I have been challenged by them in many ways.
One thing we have talked about is the significant responsibility we have to clearly define the need for Noble Warriors and communicate how we will endeavor to meet those needs.
Because I am deeply involved in ministry to men, the need for developing stronger ministries seems obvious to me. However, many of you may not be regularly exposed to the data, articles, interviews and resources that make such a compelling case to me. Let me share with you some quotes and links that may help you gain a greater appreciation for the need to develop and strengthen ministries to men. Here are just a few:
For every 10 men in the average church…
- 9 will have kids who leave the church
- 8 will not find their jobs satisfying
- 6 will pay monthly minimum on credit cards
- 5 have a major problem with pornography
- 4 will get divorced affecting 1,000,000 children each year
- Only 1 will have a biblical worldview
- All 10 will struggle to balance family & work
Go to the National Coalition of Men’s Ministries Website for more about men: www.ncmm.org
“Successes or failures of employees in the marketplace can be traced to what kind of father they had, a psychologist argues in a new book.”
– From an article entitled; How “Daddy” Affects Your Job: Psychologist – Reuters
Women outpace men in nearly all measures of spirituality and church involvement. See Barna’s Gender Differences.
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023
- What Does it Mean to Have a God-Sized Goal? - November 22, 2023