By Carl Benjamin / June 8, 2018
I want to give you a quick update on my God Adventure.
Three words to share – excitement, organization, and patience.
I love meeting with other men and talking about men’s ministry. It is exciting to find out how God is working all over Southwest Virginia in the lives of men. Thank you very much for taking the time to meet with me or just chat on the phone.
A few examples of what I’ve heard over the last few week…
- I met with one man who feels called to start a church for hotel visitors on Sunday within the hotel where he works.
- Another man I met pours his heart and resources into men through a weekend adventure with the Gospel shared throughout the fun.
- A truck driver loves sharing about his faith as he travels throughout the state.
- And other men share how they would love to be discipled and get a men’s ministry started at their church.
The list could go on and on, but the main theme is this… Men are excited about men’s discipleship. They want it!!
My wife asks me all the time, “Are you organized yet?” It is a joke in our house since, to her, it seems when she comes in my office and asks, “How’s it going?”, I often say, “I am getting organized.” Once a data person always a data person. I still love playing with all the data and my spreadsheets. When you leave an 8-5 job that you’ve had for over 37 years and then have all day to make your own schedule, it takes a bit of organization. And that takes some time. But I’m getting better at it.
Raising support is not easy. Here is where patience comes in to play. We all know the mission of Noble Warriors – To serve churches as they equip men to walk with Christ and lead well. But right now my mission is to get fully funded. Only then can I be released for that work.
For those who have already joined the support team – THANK YOU!! That is what keeps me encouraged. I know in my heart that the Lord will provide. I also know that I need to be disciplined, and as Paul would say, persevere / keep the faith. I definitely appreciate your prayers in this area.
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand. – Psalm 37:23-24
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. – Proverbs 16:9
- That I will get better organized quickly and use my time wisely.
- That I will be sharp and clear in my presentations.
- To truly and faithfully put my trust in God for all this support raising.
Select “Support Carl Benjamin” at noblewarriors.org/donate
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men Engaging in the Abortion Issue [Podcast Ep. 116] - November 30, 2023
- Manhood in the Media Spotlight – Men and Marriage [Podcast Ep. 115] - November 22, 2023
- What Does it Mean to Have a God-Sized Goal? - November 22, 2023