We’ve recognized both locally and nationally that there aren’t many men of color represented in the discussion of men’s discipleship. Clearly, it’s not because discipleship isn’t happening, we just haven’t been well connected. Your partnership creates opportunities for us to address issues of men’s discipleship that would not get attention otherwise.
This month you helped us host a 4-hour luncheon summit to talk with African American ministry leaders about strategic men’s discipleship. It was a rich and robust conversation that I believe will produce great fruit. It was encouraging to hear from these men about the work God is already doing. The best result was that the men said, ‘let’s get together again soon to continue the conversation’. Each man agreed to pray for ‘whatever God is doing here’ and invite at least one other man who disciples men to our next conversation in August.
We know that African American men are actively engaged in reproducing discipleship. Sadly, the work God is doing is often overshadowed or overlooked. Your prayers and finances are shining light in the right places.
Please pray with us for clear direction in this initiative and that we’ll see even more pastors and leaders invest strategically in discipling men!
Join us in celebrating a few stories this group shared about the work God is already doing in and through them….
- Dr. Greg Beechaum admittedly doesn’t sing well, but he joined the Men’s Chorus specifically so he could meet with and disciple this significant group of men in his church.
- Bishop Carlton McLeod has equipped and is holding his men accountable for leading their families in Bible reading, prayer and worship.
- Pastor Don Coleman has discipled men on his front porch for years. Now those men are discipling others.
- Dr. Owen Cardwell led his church to truly embrace men (and women) who are incarcerated. They pick up a bus load of men from the Henrico jail each week and bring them to their church for worship and a meal. *Pictured above is Dr. Cardwell and his group at Richmond ISI 2017.
This article first appeared in the Noble Warriors® Monthly Partner Letter. Click here to learn how you can partner with us.
- Manhood, Domination, and Battle – Does Masculinity Matter in 2023? - March 23, 2023
- Excitement is Building! - March 17, 2023
- Gaming: The Good, the Bad, and the Redeemed - March 10, 2023