Minute with Mike | February 2021
We are living in and through divisive times, even in the body of Christ.
I’m talking about folks in the same church bickering with each other over various issues that surely don’t deserve the time or energy we give them. This is Satan is at work. Let us pray as Jesus prayed, “that they may be one even as we are one,” John 17:11, 21 and 22.
We are all unique, created in the image of God but with distinct characteristics, personalities, stories and experiences. These lead to individualized perspectives and preferences. If we trust Christ for salvation, we are one with Him and each other. Our differences don’t have to divide us. The ground is level at the foot of the cross.
Guys, let’s take the lead in working on unity. Here are a few thoughts.
- A friend often says, “Let’s seek common ground so we can move to higher ground.” Men, practice looking for areas where you agree with others vs. where you disagree.
- Paul longed to visit Christ followers in Rome, “that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” Romans 1:12 Find ways to engage conversations for the express purpose of encouraging each other in the faith.
I’m simply suggesting that we do our best to live as Jesus prayed… “so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.” John 17:23
I think we agree that what the world really needs is Jesus.
Let’s make sure they can see His work in the way we live, love and lead.
This article first appeared in the Noble Warriors® Monthly Partner Letter, Battle Briefing. Click here to learn how you can partner with us.
- Build Up Your Grads - May 12, 2023
- Easter Around the World - May 3, 2023
- God is Good! All the Time! - May 2, 2023